Thursday, March 8, 2012

Presenting the RMIT Speedcubers Team!

Last night, I went with three other members of the RMIT Cube Club (Andrea, Luke, and Tim) to a pub called "The Brunswick Green" to perform in a variety show called "The Variety Collective." There were also comedians and magicians and other performers. (This included some people that weren't well-known to me but were to everyone else.)

Nick, the host, introduced us as "The RMIT Speedcubers Team." Now doesn't that sound intimidating! When it was our turn, the four of us went up and solved the Rubik's cube one at a time. The lights were really blinding up on the stage, so I think we didn't do as well as we could have. (Also, we didn't get to pre-inspect the cube.) But that doesn't matter. The audience was impressed and entertained. (I hope!)

Nick was really good at introducing us individually as we were solving the cube. I learned quite a few things about myself. Even though I'm called Alan, my real name is "GAP," and I sponsor a particular clothing company!

Tim and I "competed" against each other in the final round. The audience took sides and started cheering. So is this what it feels like to be a wrestler? I won by a little, and that concluded our performance.

After the show ended, we took some pictures and chatted with the people at the event.

Then the other three became hungry so we went to find a place to eat. It turns out that a little down the road, there was a McDonalds that was open 24/7. And with that... I found myself walking into a McDonalds! Oh no!

Here were pictures from the night. As much fun as I had taking these pictures, I think Andrew, Luke, and Tim had more fun being in them!

We found the place, and we found parking!
Here's a picture of me standing in front of the entrance. Oh, what's happening over there?
Inside the pub. This is what you would see if you were looking in from the outside.
Here's the section of the pub set aside for the performances. When I took this picture, the show had not started you, but look at all the people!
Group picture with Nick, our host, after the show.
Picture with Lawrence Leung!
Noooo!!!
What is McDonalds doing open at 11pm?
I didn't get anything, but I watched the other three happily eat their food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics