Sunday, May 13, 2012

Street art around Melbourne

Do you remember seeing the following Google Doodle on the 4th of May?


For some reason, something about this image looked really familiar to me. A few minutes of searching on Google and I figured out why. Check this out!


This mural by Keith Haring is just a 3 minute 37 second walk from where I am currently living. (Yes, I timed myself!)

There is a lot of street art around Melbourne! Near the bottom of my post on the Melbourne Welcome is a picture of me standing in front of a very colorfully-decorated laneway in the city centre. Collingwood, where Haring's Mural is located and where I live, happens to filled with street art. So after the Google Doodle gave me inspiration for this blog entry, I decided to walk around a little bit to take pictures of different ones.

From Haring's mural, you only need to walk a little bit to find another work of art!
Here's a cute cartoon-y one!
And here's another drawing!

There's so much variety in the subject/theme of the art and in the style. I wonder what inspires people to draw all of these. I pass by so much art on the way to Melbourne Uni that I don't really think about it much anymore, but it really gives this area a young and vibrant feel. I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Analytics